GoCampingAmerica.com | Posted March
7 Easy Meal Ideas for Camping and
Happy Camper Blog
course you are. But what can you cook while camping and RVing? Keep it simple
with these make ahead and reheat
- Fill a large
flour tortilla with your favorite ingredients: Scrambled eggs, diced
potatoes, sausage, bacon, ham, onions, peppers, pork, green chili, and cheese
– whatever you love.
- Roll them up and wrap them
individually in aluminum foil. Freeze 6-8 burritos together in a gallon zip
top bag for easy storage and packing.
- Warm up your
burritos, still wrapped in aluminum, in your oven, on your stovetop in a pan
with a lid, or on your grill.
- Turn them frequently to
evenly warm them up and crisp them.
- Cut your favorite
style English muffin or bagel in half.
- Top the bottom
half with scrambled eggs or a fully cooked poached egg, Canadian bacon,
sausage patties and your favorite cheese.
- Add the top
half to make a ‘sandwich,” wrap each one in aluminum foil and freeze 6-8
individual servings in a gallon zip top bag for easy storage and
- Heat up your aluminum-wrapped sandwiches in the
oven, on the stovetop, in a pan with a lid or on your
- Turn them frequently to evenly warm them
- Take a large piece of
heavy-duty foil and place ¼ cup of precooked rice on it topped with one 6-8
oz chicken breast, seared on each side and pre-cooked to “almost
- Add your favorite sliced veggies – peppers, onions,
- Close the aluminum over the top and sides, and
secure it with tightly rolled folds.
- Freeze individual
servings together in a gallon zip top bag.
- Warm your
aluminum-wrapped pockets in the oven, on the stovetop in a pan with a lid, or
on your grill.
- Substitute any of your favorite meats for
the chicken breast for some
- At home, cook round, flank,
sirloin steak or even a whole pork loin to a pink center, searing each side
to lock in the juices.
- Slice thin and place in a
disposable aluminum pan.
- Add one can of Campbell’s French
Onion Soup and one can of water.
- Cover tightly with
aluminum foil and freeze.
- Warm the meat slowly in your
oven or on your grill.
- Compliment it with your favorite
- This method also works great for BBQ beef, pulled
pork, and even meatballs and
Chicken Green Chile
- Brown 4 chicken breasts
in a stove top pan and cook thoroughly.
- Cut each breast
into ½ inch cubes.
- Drain a 14 oz can of whole green
chilies, and cut the chilies into large chunks.
chop ½ of a medium onion.
- Combine all ingredients
together with one can of Campbell’s Cream of Chicken Soup and ½ can of
- Place two flour tortillas on the bottom of a
disposable aluminum pan, layer 1/3 of the chicken chili mixture, then top
with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Repeat layering until
you’ve completed three layers of the chicken mixture, ending with the cheese
- Cover with aluminum foil and seal tightly and
- Heat the casserole in your
- For easy, individual servings of this great dish,
you can prepare it slightly differently but get the same great taste. Roll
about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture and cheese in a flour tortilla and wrap
it up in aluminum foil. Freeze individual servings, and then warm them in
your oven, on the stovetop or on your
- Dust six thinly sliced
boneless pork chops in flour, then brown them over medium heat until
- Place cooked chops in a disposable
aluminum pan, top them with 1/2 of a medium onion, thinly sliced, and add ¼
lb sliced mushrooms.
- Pour in a can of Campbell’s Golden
Mushroom Soup and one can of water.
- Cover with aluminum
foil, seal tightly and freeze.
- Heat in oven until tender,
or warm the pork chops over the grill. Just be sure to stir the mixture frequently
to avoid burning the
- Trim chicken breasts to
portion sizes or cut pork, beef or chicken into 1-inch
- Cover them with your favorite marinade, then
freeze in a zip top bag for storage.
- Frozen servings will
help keep your foods cold while you’re traveling, and as they defrost, the
meat will naturally marinate inside the bag.
- Add fresh
cut peppers, onions, and mushrooms to presoaked wooden skewers to make great
- Zip top bag marinating also works great
for fish fillets and shrimp.