GoCampingAmerica.com | Posted August 5th, 2013
Campgrounds with Culinary Delights
Happy Camper Blog
Campgrounds are investing more and more in park model cabins and cottages which have kitchens that enable people to cook their own meals. But some campgrounds, RV parks and resorts also provide their guests with onsite restaurants whose food is so good it’s worth the drive just to eat there.
Here’s a sampling of other campgrounds across the country that have onsite restaurants as well as restaurants that have their own campgrounds:
- The Evergreens Campground & Restaurant in Solon, Maine: This campground has an onsite restaurant that serves a variety of dishes, including burgers, meatloaf, chicken, pork chops as well as vermicelli marinara and vermicelli with meatballs.
- Lake-in-Wood Campground in Narvon, Pennsylvania: This campground, which is located in the Pennsylvania Dutch Country, is home to the very unique Gnome Cafe, photos of which can be found on the park’s website. The restaurant serves special breakfast dishes as well as themed dinners, which could vary from a pig roast to a German themed sausage fest with German potato salad to standard prime rib dinners. Other dinner specials have ranged from tacos to all you can eat chicken wings to Hawaiian pork.
- Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort & Marina in Newport Beach, California: This resort is home of the Back Bay Bistro, which features extensive breakfast, lunch and dinner menus as well as a Sunday brunch and holiday specials. Breakfast and brunch menus include eggs benedict, eggs florentine, omelets, pancakes and french toast, while lunch and dinner menu items range from portabello mushroom sandwiches to baja fish tacos, salmon burgers and gourmet dishes, such as steak au poive, Hawaiian teriyaki steak and baked sole.
- Schatzi’s 4 Seasons Resort in Gordon-Wascott, Wisconsin: This park, located in Wisconsin’s North Woods, is home to The Golden Chipmunk Bar & Grill, a 60-seat restaurant that is very popular with local residents and visitors alike. Popular dishes include barbecued pork ribs, half-pound hamburgers and their Friday night fish fry.
- Sunset Lakes Resort in Hillsdale, Illinois: This park has a grill that offers a full range of “comfort food,” including burgers, hot dogs, oven-baked chicken, tenderloins, jerked pork, prime rib and steaks as well as soft serve ice cream. The grill also handles special menus for large groups, including weddings, rallies and retirement parties.
- Thunder Bay Golf & RV Resort in Millman, Michigan: This park offers a four-hour, world class gourmet dining and wine tasting experience, which is complemented with a horse-drawn carriage ride through a 130-acre elk preserve. The resort also offers the same package in the winter months with a sleigh ride.
- Wisconsin Riverside Resort in Spring Green, Wisconsin: This park is home to Shifflet’s Bar & Riverside Grill and features a few of the Wisconsin River. The restaurant serves burgers, sandwiches, steaks and pizza in addition to having Friday night fish fry events and Saturday prime rib dinners.