GoCampingAmerica.com | Posted March 2, 2015
With a Rod & Reel: Parks for the Fly Fisher
Happy Camper Blog
Fall is still prime time for fly fishermen to take out the rod and reel and challenge themselves for the next big catch. There’s amazing fly fishing from coast to coast on rivers with campgrounds nearby that provide the perfect blend of fly fishing and sleeping in the great outdoors. Check out some of these campgrounds with great fly fishing tours and trips nearby.
Bighorn River: Fort Smith, Montana
- Cottonwood Camp: Cottonwood Camp is a complete and full service lodging, camping, and recreational facility for fly fishers and vacationers alike. Accommodations include tent and RV sites in addition to a large selection of cabins. Guests can enjoy guided fly fishing for half or full days on the Bighorn River, a blue ribbon fly fishing river.
Colorado River: Kremmling, Colorado
- Red Mountain RV Park: Located in Rocky Mountains, Red Mountain RV Park offers excellent hunting, rafting, biking, snowmobiling, and ATV trails in addition to amazing fly fishing on the Colorado River. Accommodations include brand new cabins, RV and tent sites.
- Muddy Creek Cabins: Muddy Creek Cabins are ten individual cabins on eight acres centrally located at the base of the famous Kremmling Cliffs. Muddy Creek Cabins are located right on the Muddy Creek that comes out of Wolford Reservoir. The accommodations are the perfect place to rest after a day of fishing, hunting, trail rides, bike rides and more. Delaware River: Equinunk, Pennsylvania
- Soaring Eagle Campground: Located in northeast Pennsylvania on the Upper Delaware River. Guests can relax and unwind in the natural, peaceful beauty of the scenic Upper Delaware River, winding through the Pocono/Catskill Mountains of Pennsylvania and New York. Accommodations include river and creek tent and RV sites. Guests can also rent kayaks, canoes and tubes. French Broad River: Asheville, North Carolina
- Campfire Lodgings: Located on Goldview Knob, Campfire Lodgings offers 100 acres of woods and numerous trails. Accommodations include fully furnished yurts, cabins, a cliff house, and a variety of RV and tent sites including some with mountaintop views. Salmon River: White Bird, Idaho
- Swiftwater RV Park: Swiftwater RV Park is an ATV and pet friendly campground located directly on the banks of the Salmon River in central Idaho and only 17 miles from the Hells Canyon National Recreation Area. Family owned and operated, the park offers a covered gazebo, grassy lawn, picnic & BBQ area to really unwind. San Juan River/Pecos River: Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Santa Fe Skies RV Park: Nestled on the Western Slopes of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains looking out upon the vast Rio Grande Valley, Santa Fe Skies RV Park is located just south of Santa Fe city on the top of a hill. Visitors can enjoy the wonders of the nation's oldest capital city, the Turquoise Trail, and between September 29 and October 21, the Balloon Fiesta.
- Trailer Ranch RV Park: The Trailer Ranch RV Resort is a relaxing adult-only (21 and over) park located in the heart of Santa Fe. Guests can enjoy the pool or get some quiet time in the library after a day of fishing the San Juan and Pecos Rivers.