GoCampingAmerica.com | Posted June 16th, 2021
RVing 101: 9 Reasons to Stop by the Dollar Store Before Your Next Camping Trip
Happy Camper Blog
When you think about stocking up on camping supplies, your local dollar store may not be at the top of your list. But in reality, these stores are brimming with bargains, so they can give you a very affordable way to get many of the items you need. Here are some items to look for:
- Mesh Laundry Bags – These come in handy for hanging up dishes, water toys and other items that need to dry out in addition to giving you an easy way to stash your laundry or towels.
- Solar Lights – Just stake these in the ground around your campsite for extra nighttime visibility.
- Glow Stick Bracelets and Necklaces – Kids love them and they make it easier for you to keep track of where they are at night.
- Pool Noodles – Use the brightly-colored foam to highlight your tent or canopy stakes to eliminate tripping hazards. Just slice pieces off and wrap one around each stake.
- Shower Caps – Use them to cover bowls of food or pitchers of iced tea to keep bugs away or to store muddy shoes and boots for your drive home.
- First Aid Supplies – Make an economical first aid kit by stocking up on bandages, pain relievers, cotton balls, disposable gloves, antiseptic cream and other items.
- Crafts for the Kids – Check out the supply of coloring books, crayons, markers, stickers, puzzles and other craft items. If you end up having a rainy day, you’ll be prepared!
- Kitchen Towels and Oven Mitts – When you buy inexpensive ones at the dollar store, you won’t have to worry about ruining the good ones you use at home. You may even be able to find some inexpensive door mats to help keep your rig clean.
- Plastic Storage Containers – Dollar stores have so many shapes and sizes you can use to store items like eggs, pancake mix, s’mores ingredients, condiments, spices and cleaning and laundry supplies. They’re also great for storing games and craft supplies for the kids. Look for travel-sized bottles for your toiletries, too!
These are just a few ideas, but when you walk up and down the aisles of your local dollar store, you’re sure to spot many more. If you’re camping around a holiday, you can even find some fun, inexpensive decorations for your campsite. Speaking of campsites, here’s an easy way to find some really great ones you’ll enjoy. Just go to GoCampingAmerica.com and enter your destination in the “Find your next adventure.” box. Have fun planning for your next camping trip!