Montebello Camping & Fishing Resort
Montebello, Virginia, 540-377-2650
Use this device to take some pics to share!
Take Pics to Share
Use this device to take some pics to share!
Take Pics to Share
Montebello means "beautiful mountain". Located in the mountain top just 2.5 miles off the scenic Blue Ridge Pkwy, Montebello is a charming, historic community. Our lakefront campground offers camping, fishing, cabin rentals, and a country store. Campground open April - October. Cabin rentals, trout ponds and country store open year round. Whether it's camping, fishing, hiking, romantic weekends, wine & whiskey tasting, country orchards, or just exploring, whatever you love to do, there's something here for everyone to enjoy!
Crabtree Falls, Appalachian Trail, Oakridge Estates & Farm, Blue Ridge Parkway, Nelson 151, VA Brew Ridge Trail
From the Blue Ridge Parkway: Exit 99 from I 64, proceed up small incline on south side of Rte. 250 near popcorn novelty shop, then right turn onto parkway heading south for 27 miles to MP 27, exit on left side and turn left on Rte. 56 towards Montebello for 2.5 miles
From Lynchburg, VA and south: Take 29 North and turn left onto Route 151 North. Go approximately 10.5 miles. Turn left onto Route 56 West and proceed 15 miles, Montebello Country Store will be on the right.
From Interstate 81: Take Interstate 81 to Raphine, Exit 205. Take Route 606 East to Hwy. 11. Turn left on Hwy. 11 and go about 1 block and turn right on Route 56 East. Follow Route 56 East until it crosses under the Blue Ridge Parkway. You will see the sign for Montebello. Stay on 56 East for approximately 3 more miles. Montebello Country Store will be on the left. IF YOU ARE TOWING A CAMPER, PLEASE USE DIRECTIONS FROM THE BLUE RIDGE PARKWAY DETAILED ABOVE; YOU CAN ACCESS THE PARKWAY FROM I-81 BY MERGING ONTO 64 EAST IN STAUNTON VA AT MILE MARKER 221 THEN PROCEED TO EXIT 99.
- Upon arrival, all guests must check-in at our Country Store.
- Check-in time is 3:00 pm.
- Check-out time is 11:00 am.
- Late check-out and early check-in must be approved in advance. Additional fees may apply.
- Campers, visitors, and overnight guests must register and pay any applicable fees upon arrival.
- The speed limit along all roadways is 10 mph.
- It is each registered camper's responsibility to make sure that their visitors and guest comply.
- Campfires are permitted in fire rings only and must be attended to.
- Cooking grills are not allowed on tables.
- Return picnic tables to their original location before you check out.
- Pets are welcome, on a leash. Pets should not be left unattended. Please pick up after your pet. A $25 non-refundable pet fee, per pet, is required for cabin rentals where pets are allowed. (2 pet maximum.)
- For the safety of our guests, all pets must be kept on a leash at all times. Failure to do so may result in eviction without a refund.
- Fishing in Campground Lake is for campers, visitors & overnight guests only.
- Fee fishing for trout is available in the trout pond at the country store. Please register before fishing.
- Standing trees are protected. Do not chop, cut, drive nails into, saw, or harm any standing trees, living or dead. Help yourself to downed trees.
- Firewood is available at the store.
- All wash water and sanitary water must be disposed of at the dump station.
- A dishwashing sink is available in the laundry room - rear of the comfort station. "Grey Water" may not be dumped on the ground.
- Only one (1) camper unit, tent, or vehicle per site, unless approved in advance.
- Bicycles are permitted on designated roadways from 7:00 am to dusk. Bicycle riding is not permitted after dark, regardless of the lighting on the bicycle.
- Helmets are strongly suggested but must be worn by anyone under the age of 18.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for the actions and safety of their own children and visitors.
- Children under the age of 13 MUST have adult supervision at all times.
- Swimming in the campground lake is allowed.
- Swim at your own risk, no lifeguard on duty.
- Common or public areas (lake area, fields, trails, roadways, comfort station, etc.) are "Alcohol-Free”.
- Washing of vehicles or campers is prohibited. Motorbikes, mini bikes, and ATVs may not be operated in the campground area. This does not apply to motorcycles used for transportation.
- Firearms and fireworks are prohibited and may not be discharged on the resort property.
- Please use the trash receptacles provided. Extra trash bags are available at Country Store.
- Quiet hours: 11:00 pm to 7:00 am. Your neighbors will appreciate your cooperation. Anyone creating a disturbance or failing to comply with these rules will be evicted, without refunds.
- Rates are subject to change without notice, therefore advanced reservations made in the off-season may increase. Should we increase our rates, the current rate will apply at the time of check-in.
- Entrance onto the property of Montebello Resort constitutes permission for our staff to photograph anyone while on the premises and to use any resulting photographs for lawful purposes without permission from or compensation to the individual.
- Camping is an outdoor experience, therefore, no refunds will be issued due to the consequences of mother nature.
- Guests assume all risks and dangers incidental to the activity of camping in a rustic outdoor environment including the danger of being injured by insects or other animals, injury from participation in recreational activities (hiking, swimming, etc.), or being injured as a result of inclement weather conditions.
- The campground and its owner, agents and employees are not liable for injuries or property loss or damages resulting from such causes.
- Reservations CANNOT be canceled via Facebook, email or voicemail. Please call us at 540-377-2650 to cancel your reservation.
- We do not require the damage deposits for cabin rentals. If any damage occurs or if cabins require excessive cleaning, we will determine the necessary charges and apply those costs to the credit card provided at the time of your reservation.
- We are a privately owned resort. We reserve the right to refuse service and will not be responsible for guest injuries or loss of valuables due to guest negligence.