Lake Joy Campground
LAKE JOY CAMPGROUND
Who We Are:
Lake Joy is a family owned and managed campground that has been a favorite summer getaway for more than 40 years. Our goal is to provide a clean, relaxing, friendly environment for families and friends to enjoy time together. We pride ourselves on attention to our campers, the cleanliness of our campground, the care of our grounds and our modern shower facilities. We are also proud of our private, spring fed lake which has swimming, boating and some of the best fishing in this part of the state.
What We Offer - Recreation:
* 60 acre private, spring-fed, no-wake lake
* Excellent fishing for large and small mouth bass, walleye, catfish,
northern pike, crappie and blue gills (No fishing license required!)
* Boat launch
* Two sandy swimming beaches
* Inflatable water toys
* Boat Rentals: fishing, pedal, canoe and kayak
(trolling motors available)
* Game Room: ping-pong, pool, air-hockey, foosball & arcade games
* Three playgrounds, basketball court, sand volleyball,
* Free to borrow: basketballs, volleyballs, bocce ball set,
frisbee bottle toss and bean bags
* Walking path along the north side of the lake
* Paved roads for walking and bicycling
* Free weekend and holiday family activities
What We Offer - Amenities
* Tent, pop-up, trailer and motorhome sites
* Large non-water/non-electric group sites
* Large open areas to accommodate family get-togethers,
* Asphalt roads throughout
* All sites include fire rings and picnic tables
* Clean modern restrooms with free showers
* Campground store: bait, camping/fishing supplies, toiletries, ice,
firewood, snacks, limited groceries and area brochures
* L.P. gas refills and gasoline for ATV's
* Dump station
* Wi-Fi Hot spot at the office
* Motorcycle and ATV friendly
* Direct access from the campground to over 100 miles of ATV trails!
(No need to trailer your ATV to the trails!)
* Well behaved pets are welcome (except American Pit Bull Terriers)
Where We Are:
Lake Joy Campground is located in the driftless area of scenic southwest Wisconsin on the edge of our 60 acre private lake surrounded by nothing but nature itself! This region of Wisconsin was untouched by glaciers which covered much of the state. Therefore, rolling hills and remnants of ancient prairies await your arrival.
Rural but not remote, Lake Joy Campground is located conveniently to several tri-state metropolitan areas. We are 10 minutes from Platteville, Wisconsin; 30 minutes from Galena, Illinois; 35 minutes from Dubuque, Iowa; 50 minutes from Madison, Wisconsin; 2.5 hours from Milwaukee, Wisconsin; 3.5 hours from Chicago, Illinois and 5 hours from Minneapolis, Minnesota.
April 20 - October 7
3 1/2 miles N of Belmont, 8 miles S of Mineral Point on Hwy 151, exit East onto Burr Oak Rd., turn right on Bethel Grove Rd., go 1/2 mile to entrance.
1. All children (12 & under) must be supervised by an adult at all times everywhere on campground premises.
2. All guests of campers must stop at office, pay fees & get a car pass. No incoming guests after office closes, without prior arrangement. Passes are $6/adult, $3/child (3-12), Free (2 & under) per day. Guests must leave at 11pm. Please explain the visitorâ€™s policy to your guests before their arrival. You must be 21 or older to reserve a site & camp alone.
Hang car passes on rearview mirror with dates facing outward towards window.
3. Office/store hours: Sun-Thu 9am-5pm Fri-Sat 9am-9pm. We have coffee, firewood, bait, ice, ice cream, beverages, snacks, grocery/drugstore items, area attractions brochures, camping/fishing supplies, propane & gasoline.
4. No lifeguards are on duty. All children under 16 must have an adult at the beach to supervise at all times. Any child 12 years of age or younger & all non-swimmers MUST wear a life jacket to use the swim toys. Life jackets for rent at office, $3 per day, per availability. No pets are allowed on beaches or in designated swimming areas, which includes the grass adjacent to the beaches. Safe use of beach toys is expected. No food/beverages in the water or on swim toys.
5. Fishing does not require a license. No live bait except for worms are allowed. WALLEYES ARE 100% CATCH & RELEASE. Limit of 15 pan fish, 1 Northern Pike, 1 Catfish, 1 Bass, per person daily. Clean fish at designated cleaning table and discard remains at that garbage can only â€“ do not discard fish in any dumpster.
6. Boat rentals: 10am to 5pm. Rent boats at the office. Pedal boats, flat-bottom fishing boats, kayaks & canoes are available for $8/hr. Boats with trolling motors are $15/hr. We do not rent pontoons. Adults must rent boats for children under 16 years old. Life jackets are provided with all boat rentals. Personal boats may be used with electric trolling motors only; no gas motors. This is a no wake lake.
7. Quiet hours are 11pm to 9am & are strictly enforced. Be considerate of your neighboring campers by keeping noise at your campsite at reasonable levels at all time. All children under 18 must return to campsite by 11pm. No refunds if asked to leave for unruly behavior. No car radios may be turned on at your campsite or beaches.
8. No firewood may be brought onto the campground unless it was purchased from a WI certified wood dealer (proof of purchase by receipt is required). If your wood does not meet DNR rules for emerald ash borer disease, do not unload or burn it on campground. Wood $5/bundle $50/stack (delivered to site). Never leave fires unattended. Always extinguish with water when leaving campsite. Keep fires in pits & small in size. NO LARGE BONFIRES!
9. No Fireworks, Drones or Lighted Sky Lanterns of any kind are permitted on the campground. (sparklers are ok)
10. No guns or concealed-carry weapons of any kind allowed.
11. Pets must be on leash at all times. They may not be on beaches or near swimming areas. They may not be left alone at campsite. No loud/excessive barking will be tolerated. Please clean up after your pet on walks & at campsite.
12. ATVs may only be driven between your site and the trails. Do not use ATVs to go to office, beaches, or showers. You must read/adhere to ATV rules (obtain at office). ATV trail maps available at office.
13. Speed limit is 10 mph max. Watch out for children! Campers must have a driverâ€™s license (not permit) to drive all motorized vehicles: golf carts, mopeds, cars, etc. Drivers 16-21 yrs must be able to present a driverâ€™s license when asked by a campground employee. We do not rent golf carts, ATVs, or motorized vehicles of any type.
14. Bicycles may not be ridden after dark. Helmets are required for all dependent children for bikes, scooters, skateboards, etc. No electric kiddie cars allowed.
15. Basketballs, volleyballs, bean bags, etc. may be checked out at office for free (2 hour maximum per time). A complete list of items that can be borrowed is posted on the bulletin boards.
16. Please NO rugs, mats, or carpets are to be laid on grass at any time at camping sites.
17. The game room has a change machine. Hours are 10am to 9pm. Borrow/return ping pong paddles from office.
18. Do not move picnic tables or fire rings from any other site to your own.
19. Deposit all trash in designated garbage cans or dumpsters. Do not leave trash bags at site. Recycle all aluminum cans and leave at Recycling bin at main shower house.
20. All grey & black water must be contained in your camper or a certified transfer tank. A dump station is available free of charge for your convenience at the camp office.
Please check our website for current pricing.